Austin Tindle is a writer and actor living in Dallas, Texas. He was born in Orlando, Florida, raised in Austin, Texas and attended the University of Texas at Dallas on an academic scholarship, where he almost became an electrical engineer. At 19, he was cast as Romeo and changed majors the same day. He has spent over a decade performing professionally on stage in Dallas, Texas, but he’s probably most well-known for his work with Funimation Studios, where he has voiced many characters including: Marco Bodt (Attack on Titan), Karma Akabane (Assassination Classroom), Avilio Bruno (91 Days), Seborgia (Hetalia), Raspberry (Dragon Ball Z), Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun), Ichirohiko (The boy and the Beast). You can also hear him voicing leading roles in many shows including: Is This a Zombie, Guilty Crown, D-Frag, Gonna Be The Twin-Tail, Prince Of Stride, Prison School, Tamo No-Rin, ACCA, Mariah the Virgin Witch, Snow White with the Red Hair, Trickster, Shangri-La, and many more. You can currently hear him voincing the role of Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul, every Saturday at 1am on Cartoon Network.
Hosted by UB Cosplay Club
- Walk-Ons: A category for anyone to enter, and one “fan favorite” winner will be chosen by the audience.
- Craftsmanship: This category is for people to enter with a hand made (at least 60%) costume. These contestants will go through pre-judging and be judged on the quality of their costume. 3 winners will be chosen by the judges.
- Skit- A single person or group can enter with a skit. They will be judged based on their performance and acting. Skits should be 3 minutes or less. 2 winners will be chosen. 1 will be chosen by judges and the runner up will be a fan favorite.
- Entrees must have a Con Badge: NO EXCEPTIONS
- All ages are permitted to enter.
- Entree Registration is first come first serve.
- All convention rules (including costumes and weapons) will be enforced.
- Barefoot characters must have shoes on for the contest. The lack of authenticity will be forgiven.
- No throwing items into the audience.
- Any stage fighting during skits must be done at slow speed.
- Jumping off the stage or walking into the audiences is not allowed.
- Groups (up to 6 people) may enter in the category they feel is most fitting.
- Group members may independently enter in a different category that their group is not in (craftsmanship or skits).
- No Vulgarity beyond a PG-13 rating.
- Original characters are only allowed in the walk on category. Alternate versions of existing characters are allowed in any category.
- Bought Costumes: Costumes which are entirely purchased or fully commissioned are only allowed in the skit and walk on category. If a contestant wishes to enter a commissioned/purchased costume in Craftsmanship, the person who made the costume must be present to receive the award.
- No loose messy substances are allowed on stage (glitter, anything wet, etc.)
- Craftsmanship entrees, please bring reference pictures if possible.
As many of you may have noticed, we lost our previous domain for UBCon. At the moment, we are currently designing our new website under this domain and plan on having it somewhat ready by mid-February.
For questions, please contact us on our Facebook page or email email@example.com.