- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at UBCon. This includes but is not limited to sexual harassment, physical assault, unwanted following or stalking, and general unwanted attention.
- Discrimination based on age, race, gender, orientation, or anything else will not be tolerated.
- Be respectful of other attendees. We ask that you refrain from disruptive behavior such as impeding traffic, starting fights, or unnecessarily excessive loud noise.
- Please ask before taking photos of other attendees.
- UB is a smoke-free campus.
- UBCon is a family friendly event. Do not engage in obscene or inappropriate behavior in public convention areas.
Cosplay and Prop Rules
- Costumes must cover all areas of the body that would be covered by a swimsuit.
- Body paint and heavy makeup must be sealed and not easily rub off onto your surroundings.
- If you have a large costumes, please be aware of your surroundings and do not block traffic.
- Please wear some form of footwear at all times.
- No real weapons or props that could easily cause harm are allowed.
- Prop weapons must not have any exposed sharp corners.
- Prop firearms must have an (at minimum) 6mm orange tip and not be able to fire projectiles. (Nerf guns are the only exception)
- All weapons that appear potentially dangerous or are longer than 12 inches must be taken to weapons check before entering the convention.
- In order to receive an 18+ badge, attendees must present a valid ID that shows date of birth at the time of registration.
- 18+ panels are limited to those who have an 18+ badge.
- UBCon is open to attendees of all ages. However, children under 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent.
If you feel as if another attendee is breaking these rules, or is a danger to other attendees, please alert a staff member to take care of the issue.